Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome

RSD(S)-CRPS Advisory
My Story: Twinkle VanFleet
Emotional Seperation- Fire 'N Flight
Where Pain and Depression Collide
by Twinkle (EKV) VanFleet

Originally began writing this Sept 6, 2005.

A portion of my life as I've led it in the last 4 years and 9 months.

I was injured while working at Tower Mart, dba, Tower Energy, January 26th of 2001. I
was taken to the hospital from my work place nearly immediately after by ambulance as
per the decision of Rose Russel, the Assistant Manager, and Vue, the store Manager,
who's last name I cannot recall anymore.  From the very beginning, that first hour inside
of USD Medical Center, there have been errors.  From the first diagnosis, a sprain, to this
day, a series of  new and/or additional diagnosis' that not only included the initial pain, but
continuing pain, and eventually pain that never eased. I had surgery to repair dislocated
tendens, a mid meta-tarsal seperation. It was screwed back together and the screw
removed nearly 6 months later.  I completed 8.5 months of physical therapy back in 2002
or soon after the new year of 2003.

I believed with all of my heart back then that I was on my road to recovery and mobility
again. A full normal life, as it was before.  I terminated my child, my husband of 18 years'
child.  It was done with hope in my heart, faith in my soul, and trust in mind that I just
needed a few more months to heal. Though, I am sure no one has put this in writing, I
was advised, perhaps on a friendly basis and not professional, by Dr. Docharty, my
Physical Therapist, and an Assistant at Physical Therapy, that it was not in my best
interest to carry a child at that time. The weight gain alone would have been detrimental to
myself and probably my child.  I say probably because there were other consequences.  I
was advised by the pre natal nurse at my OBGYN that the Ultram and Celebrex I had been
taking for pain was a Class C drug and I must discontinue them. Vicodin was acceptable,
as a Class B, but was best one didn't take it as I was in need of.  There were other
forbidden medications in my system. None of which were illegal street drugs. I had atleast
3 Cortizone injections. I had had numerous X-rays, my body uncovered, and so my baby
was also. It is true, no one forced me to do this, and I will not even pretend to suggest it,
as it is the untruth.  However, I chose to do so under a false pretense. It was no different
than dangling a piece of raw meat before an animal and expecting it not to bite. I bit. I
believed I would heal, do so, get back to work, help provide for our two daughters,
Kharisma and Erika (Erykah) ages 11 and 12, at that time.  And our little son, Kurtis, only
3.  Lets move forward to sometime in 2003. By this time, March 31, 2003, I had become
permanent and stationary and was no longer being cared for by Dr. Docharty. I had been
told I could return to her if I worsened or needed to do so, but that never happened. It
was not allowed. On my own, I sought out Dr. Michael Uro. Under his care for a few
months with no progress, I was weak. Walking and standing hurt too much. Far too
much. I wanted to fade off the vicodin because it was a narcotic and I'm not sure at
which point anymore, but I did. Instead, I had switched to darvocet, used so many over
the counter medicines/vitamins suggested by him. Glucosomine, Chrondroitin, Msn.
Muscle patches, similar to Icey Hot and such. Tried Cortizone injections, 2 times, I
believe.  After that, He chose not to do anymore.  I can not presume to know his
reasoning, but my current Pain Manager, Dr. Michael Levin, will not either. I've asked, but
I have not asked why.  Perhaps because I had already had a minimum of 2 given
previously by Dr. Carla Docharty. Let me go back just a bit.  Dr. Docharty's personality
seemed fine.  She was friendly and pleasant to communicate with.  Dr. Uro's disposition
was more abrupt and his demeanor cool, meaning not seemingly friendly. Between the
two, and having had it replay over and over in my mind, every detail that I could recall
then and those pieces which I can recall now, I would have to say I respect Dr. Uro
more.  Now, all these years later. Nearly 5.  As I write this, I'm still hurt, physically
disabled, limited, without piece of mind, or quality of life and even more so emotionally.  
Let me say this now before I forget... My life was not on the downside in the least prior to
my injury.  My husband, our children, we were well.  My children and I spent countless
hours going to malls, rivers, the lakes, to the parks, we laughed together, we sang in the
car together when we took their dad to work. We took him so that we could keep the car
and have fun. And we would. We'd dance together. We would even be silly and dance on
footstools. We were all alive. Downfalls? There were a couple and we survived them.
Everyone has them. Anyone that says any different are lying to themselves and to others.  
My strength and ability as a perfectionist made me able to survive it all and then some.  I
could look challenge in the eye and laugh at it.  

Not a single situation or moment in my lifetime, including death, and a fire, had brought
me down like this has. Nothing!  Ever!  This is crazy! This is beyond my ability to control
and make better.

All those things people do with their feet? I don't. I am lucky to go to the grocery store
with my husband. Fairs, Auctions, Water Parks, all those things the kids would love to do,
and I'd love to do with them. I couldn't even imagine doing, anymore. Or even ever doing
again. I live with a pain level so high, and far from normal for someone who seperated
tendens in her foot. I do not feel sorry for myself, I'm down right mad as hell now. I
began to hurt myself to divert pain. My motor skills are shot. Speaking anything close to
properly is non existent it seems. I feel stupid more than not. I feel....   I feel detached
from myself. On the outside looking in, and then from the inside looking out.  Or maybe it
is that I'm detached from who I use to be. My memory is usually gone before I even have
a chance to recall that I've been asked something. My responses and answers are delayed
and seem to only be um, huh, what, and pardon. Mostly, the only people I come into
contact with are from online chatrooms.

I was told recently that my foot can be fixed. A QME advised me of this. He said Dr.
Docharty hit the nerves in my right foot when she did the original surgery on March 16,
2001, but that it could be repaired. I was asked if I wanted the surgery to fix my foot. My
immediate response was yes!. I was elated. I couldn't have been any happier that very
moment. When the appointment was over and I returned to the car where my husband
was waiting, my mind started swirling again, and I began to suddenly lack belief and trust.
He did not give me any reason to dis-trust him, I dis-trust the system, the process, and all
those directly involved in it. It did not surprise me to learn that Dr. Docharty may have
errored or failed to recognize that something else was wrong and progressing. I never
stopped complaining of feeling pain and discomfort.  My body knew something was
wrong.  I was never pain free.

It comes down to this- The entire last 4 years have been a lie. I do not believe I should
have ever become permanent and stationary. I think I should have been fixed when I was
suppose to have been and before ever being dismissed from Dr. Docharty. I told her
something was wrong and it hurt too bad.  The swelling, the color changes to the skin, the
sensitivity, the pins and needle sensations. Dr. Uro himself didn't understand it, though
was the first to diagnose Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, also known as, Reflex
Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome. He referred me to Dr. Levin who confirmed that
diagnosis.  Since 2003, I've been led to believe I've had RSDS/CRPS.  Learning to live
with a diagnosis, reading on it, researching, trying to understand it. Believing that with
understanding I could learn to embrace it.

Now this is another lie that I'm attempting to deal with.  The QME said verbally in his
office that day that I did not have this debilitating disease.  The report reads that I do,
agreeing with both Dr. Uro and Dr. Levin.  Good grief!

I do not doubt Dr. Levin. In all that I have learned about RSD and having done online
research on his credentials, I trust he's well qualified to make the determination that he did.
He has tried for authorizations since I've been his patient, I am not even sure how long
anymore, over a year, so that he could try pain/nerve blocks on me. (To date, 2.5 years) It
had been requested, documented, stressed, reported that in April of 2003, I should have
returned to tempory disability. I could have atleast been free of some pain while everyone
decided to do whatever it's been that they "haven't" been doing.  ~sighs

I've been going to Behavioral Health under my husbands insurence for nearly 2 years
now.  By 2003, I was beyond depressed and I had about lost my mind and needed
desperately to learn how to cope mentally with physical pain. About a year ago, I was
diagnosed with Bipolar 2.  I have used alcohol as a pain killer to self medicate. I have used
it heavily. Two summers ago, at the advice of Dr. Levin, I went to Alcoholics Anonymous
because of it. I had been binging on a regular basis. I had finally gotten a pretty good
grasp on controlling it. I tried other techniques. Techniques suggested to me by Maryanne
at Dr. Levins office, by Dr. Levin Himself, by online support groups.  Maryanne has been
kind in helping me to use different methods of venting frustrations. We've talked about
soothing music, or when I'm in my destructive moods due to the severity of pain, other
ways besides causing bodily harm and injury to myself to alleviate the pain. Nearly all of
this pain exists even when laying down or sitting. Imagine standing? Walking? Just

I was asked at my second deposition if I had ever hurt myself or thrown a fit in front of
others. That is how I remember the question, anyhow. I think I answered I wasn't sure,
or that it was possible, or that It was generally in the home. It had taken me days to recall
the deposition in it's entirety, and even now, I couldn't really tell anyone what exactly I
was asked, but I did remember portions, and I discussed those portions with my husband.

I was embarrassed when he spoke of the number of outbursts, I've had in the presence of
others. I even felt appalled at my actions. I didn't remember. I only remembered the times
I've done so before him and our children. Maybe because of the impact it had on my
feelings after. The heart ache and humiliation of doing so.  Since that day, I still feel
terribly bad that I've subjected them to these behaviors.  It's all wrapped around hurting.
Hurting, over and over.  I just can't get enough peace to be normal, I suppose. And it's at
the hands of 4 years of remaining broken.  I did not cause this of myself, the actions and
lack thereof of others did.

It was an unsafe work environment the moment I arrived to work that evening. I've told
the part about the actual events of the injury time and time again and a mention more than
once about the condition of the store, but I fear that I failed to stress an accident, if you
will, just waiting to happen.  Both Managers admitted to this upon arrival to the store.  
Neither were there working, of course, it was I who was acting supervisor, no others
were present aside from myself and a brand new cashier.  OSHA would have loved that.  
Anyway.... .

I lay back with my eyes closed various times of day, evening and nights, elevating, trying
to find solace, and I loop. My mind loops about it all like a broken record. Over and over.
It does not stop. My psych meds are in high doses, and it still doesn't stop. My emotions
move from hurt and sadness to anger and frustration to feelings of absolute worthlessness
that it's hard for me to believe I do have worth. And then my emotions skyrocket into
thinking it's a conspiracy. That is too light a word... It is that without care one doesn't
heal, my care was substandard, and so I have not healed. I do not believe that I will. It is
no longer just the original area that is afflicted. My entire body hurts. I find it hard to trust
any new doctors. Kick a person down a few dollars, and they will do or say just about
anything. How do I know where their ethics lie....   other than in a lie itself.

I should have screamed louder along the way to all involved in the medical and legal
aspects of it all and not at my husband and children. I failed me, I failed them and all those
directly involved with me in regards to my injury turned out to have failed us all.  It had
always been important to me to serve my master, the home, make him happy. A happy
wife and mother instills a harmonious home. I have not brought harmony to them, in years
now. Oh yes, there have been times we have laughed together, and giggled, been silly with
words, etc. Our family time became reciting movie lines outloud and to eachother just for
those few minutes with one another as a unit. A whole unit. My oldest daughter has had
the toughest of time since my injury.  School, low grades, poor attendence, continuation
high school, friendships/relationships, verbally hurtful outbursts just for the attention she
craves. My Kharisma sought comfort in the arms of a boy and now carries his child.  Her
life is ruined, or perhaps I should say.. her life as a teenager or near future as she has
opted to keep the baby, and the father has opted to not marry or provide for her, though
he remains a part of her life as a close friend.  She played the flute beautifully, as I started
her in the 4th grade.  She quit nearly 2 years after I was hurt. She doesn't speak of goals
or a career. Many times, I have approached the subject with ideas, decisions, leading a
content life out of the home. Her own words are that she isn't good at anything, that she
doesn't have any interests. She possesses a soft heart with a warm personality. It is an
ugly feeling to hear my child doesn't believe society will accept her because money isn't
flowing through the home and hasn't been. And that 5 years have gone by that her parents
could not even accomplish to have some saved for an after high school eduation of some
kind.  I suppose even she had already known 3 years ago that nothing was about to
change again for the good or close to how it had been. My Erykah is much stronger on
the outside, she is like her mom, we can take much, but we can't take all of it, forever.
She is bright, plays nearly every musical instrument there is.  She does wonderful HTML,
designs truely nice websites and pages.  She hand codes the language, as I had for years
prior.  I am glad I had done something fascinating enough to catch her eye and keep it
twinkling.  She is also in continuation high school, not for poor attendence, she rarely
misses any, at all.  But for being bored, having spun thoughts of mom, and having the
need to be the class funny girl, laughing outloud at whatever spoken word or action that
poked at her funny bone. Erykah will return to the regular high school to graduate next
year. It may have been noticed that her birth name is Erika, named after her dad, but that
she changed the spelling of her name a couple of years ago to Erykah. Her father was hurt
at the change, as I named her after him and his mother, erykah's grandma. I spoke to
erykah of this, asking her why she chose the change, her response was that her mom is
Twinkle, and her sister Kharisma, she wanted to be known for a special originality as to
what she was called also. I had understanding and compassion for the change because I
knew she craved to be found as standing out just a little bit more than most others. Erykah
had a mom full of charisma, an abundance, just out right full of life, playful, outgoing,
caring, loving, and loving to smile and make others laugh and smile. She wanted that too,
and I wanted her to be it. It does not hurt me that I named her, and she has decided to
alter the spelling, she is still and always will be Erika, the same erykah I named after my
husband, Erik. Just her name in a newer light, is all, and it's beautiful.  And too, I needed
to give her something, a gift from mom to daughter, my blessing.  She has goals and
hopes to become a Crime Scene Investigator. Yes, this may change, but atleast she has
placed thought on her future and what she would like to be when she grows up. I see her
hurt, we talk. We have had lengthy conversations, when the moments are right.  I have
layed awake listening to both of my daughters talk to me, just to hear them share their
lives with me and guilt overwhelmes me when I fall asleep on them. Or listening to their
words, and being so far gone from various medications, I have to have them repeat
themselves and often times, I still don't hear it. And then there are those times, more often
than not in the same different individual seperate conversations, I do hear them, I do. It is
just that I forget 5 minutes later. And then there are those times of really good discussions
about life, our world and living in it. All those really great and exciting days in it.  Each
endevor being more purposeful than the one before it. I can smile just saying this because
we've dreamed up the impossibles many times over.  And we beamed into eachothers
smiling eyes like three little girls together in a chocolate factory.  Oh, the temptations of
what is seemingly out of reach. And then it all fades as quickly as it came. And then I
dwell. I have nearly come to accept that I won't be heading towards the career in some
area of law in which I had always hoped for myself. It had been my goal since I was a
young girl. I had started with a law course, at community college when I was 15. I just
always thought I'd get back to it after raising our girls. They were worth it. Completely
worth it, no regrets. Of course, I've wondered what our lives would have been like
without the girls and I know it would have been empty. Two babies by 20 years of age.
12 months and 4 days apart. Double diapers, double trouble, double sticky hands in the
cookie jars and sometimes the toilet, too. To even try and say I've never peeked back in
time and pondered the difference woudn't be fair. I have. And I can say this with absolute
certainty, I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I talk with them about me. I try to
help them feel how I feel now. This could have all been so much worse, I have told them.
I could be so much worse. Words have slipped from their lips murmering, no mom, it
couldn't be. Then when I lay down at night, and am stuck in that state of never ending
thought of why's and what if's, I ask myself, really? I could be worse? And I know the
answer, yes, as compared to many, It could be said I am fortunate, one supposes. And
then wham! No it can't be. It can't be because it's living death to my girls. Atleast in death,
it's over.  

My little girls of 11 and 12 (at the time) have truely suffered in a way, I cannot give back
to them. Not of death, not of physical abuse, but of family.  They lost me at too young of
age. The years I should have been in healthy mind and body while teaching them, leading
them, providing an emotionally secure environment, providing insight into their
tomorrows, letting them know that each day is a gift in it's own right, however stressed,
showing them that petty things rarely matter, and that those things that do matter take
precedence over all else, that we must accept the consequences for our own actions, and
sometimes those of others, even when it may never be undone, or our good name
restored, and how our actions become our character, that our character becomes who we
are and who other people perceive us to be, that we do not get to continually make
mistakes, but are allowed a small few to learn by, otherwise eventually we will become a
menace to our surroundings and that others will not be happy in our presence, to always
hold our heads high, even in the times of hardship and struggles, and that they are good
girls, they are beautiful girls, that they can do nothing but shine. My girls shine. They
shine to me, they just do not see it because I have not shown them enough, I fear.

Please do not misunderstand me, I have taught and stressed, many times, all the above
mentioned. It was not as needed, though. It was not in increments as they grew through
those years. The teach and need to know parts of the process were greatly altered. The 6
months on crutches and in wheel chair, with the 8.5 months of physical therapy 3 times a
week stole over an entire years worth of valuable time. That was the beginning of their
teenage years. I was exhausted after each therapy session. All I remember from that
period of time, that which sticks out in my mind the most is that I sacrificed my 4th child
to the pretense that I would be healed, that our lives would be restored, and all would
become the past. Just the past, a slight memory would exist over time. A memory that it
was just a broken foot, and that is all it was. That is all it should have been.

But noooooooooooooooo, instead a memory of a woman who had only turned 32, 3
months to the day before. And coming to believe more and more that her 30's would be
blown all to hell. Gone. Nothing. These 30's were suppose to be the best years of my life.
The girls old enough to care for their brother(s) if we wanted to go out to dinner alone, or
to a bar together, to dance.  Have I mentioned how I loved to dance?  How I've always
loved it, how I'd dance at home in the livingroom, or outside in the rain.  On the footstool
and tables with my daughters since they had learned to walk and continuing out of the blue
just because it made us happy to do so.  God, those memories are precious.  

My Kurtis, who was only 3 in 2001 did not know really what was going on. All he knew
is mom got hurt, mom got surgery, mom got physical therapy, mom got more and more
pain meds and mom never got better. I am not entirely sure how this has completely
affected Kurtis. But I can tell you this, he took care of me while I was still non weight
bearing and in the cast. My husband had to keep working, my girls had to go to school,
and we had no one to help us. Kurtis and I managed. He would fetch our food, be it the
makings for a sandwich, bring the bread, the meat, the condiments, etc.  And I with a
plate on my lap would make it for us. We did this daily until he no longer had to bear the
burden of feeding me. I know deep down he bore no burden, he did not know burden
existed, but I knew. And know still. Later while in walking boot, and while still on
crutches, moving from non weight bearing to being allowed to try as able, He was a bit
more than encouragement by then. He was my crutch of crutches. All the times, I
couldn't go anymore, he would tell me, one more momma, one more. My leg was weak,
my calf couldn't have been any more round than a womans wrist and forearm, and still I
found it in me to take that "one more" step, as he chanted, commanded and hoped for, as
he knew could be done.  His faith in those months was truely what it took and the will of
both of us combined because no other support existed. Not when it was just the two of
us. I can vividly remember the day I took my very first new step. He pushed me outside in
the wheelchair, right outside the door, in view of many neighbors. I stood up from the
chair on my left leg, I tried to control those dreaded crutches, and then I was up. His eyes
lit up, they were so bright and blue. The walking boot had a rocker on the bottom, a bit at
a time, I began to shift a little weight to my right foot, but was still predominately using
my upper body, I had to. It was Kurtis, who stood beside cheering, motivating me with
his daddy's charm, getting those watching to clap at the occomplishments and shared
efforts, too. A few times a day, each day, everyday, we would add another try and
another step, until I could walk. Then we started all over and without the crutches. It took
weeks, but my boy never gave up on me and for that I will be forever grateful.

Kurtis never lacked going from extra money to none. An adjustment he didn't have to
make for a couple of more years.  Whereas the girls went from enough to very little,
Kurtis went from none and that's all it's been for him. He has been for the most part happy
with the smaller things.  A dollar for an icecream or little new toy, and he's pretty much
fine. Only now is that beginning to change. The girls never adjusted to it.  How could
they?  Erykah would try to be sympathetic to the little 5 dollar allowance, she "might"
recieve. Kharisma, never!  Why should she, she had everything, and she remembered it!  

What Kurtis lacked and lost more than both of the girls beyond the age of 3 was playing in
his moms arms, being tossed in the air, carried, lifted, and anything else that even comes
close to the types of affection as would be felt in a moms embrace.  That is sad!  
Heartbreaking sad. Instead, I would lay him across my lap on his belly or his back, or rest
his head against my thigh and hope that it might comfort him enough that he may never
realized what he missed. He does though, I know he does. Children feel loss. The times he
tried to jump into my arms from a standing postion as I stepped across the livingroom to
the restroom and had to push him down. I have never skated with him, ran with him,
skipped with him, I have never done anything little with him like that. He has never even
been to a Fair or similar with me. I could never walk it with this affliction of mine. Two
summers ago, my uncle treated us to a Water Park. The men took the younger boys to the
rides, the girls went off on their own, and me?  I sunbathed by myself at a kiddie pool. I
couldn't even go on the water rides. The water alone could snap my foot apart on impact
into the water. Trust me, I know. That is how fragile it is.

Kurtis only recently began to ask for more. He's 9 now. I have not lost any hope or belief
that Kurtis will fail in life. Not at all at this point. I will not. He is the only one that may still
have a chance at a college education. His SAT scores were far above average, and beyond
advanced in some areas. He has become much bolder in his behavior, talking back,
pushing his limits, some trouble, but I'm not ready to believe he too has fallen emotionally
injured as his sisters have been.  Maybe it lies dormant and I cannot see because I don't
want to.

Erik, my husband and my master. We have been together over 20 years, married nearly
19. Our bond to one another is strong. Our love and friendship to eachother has kept us
strong. He has been my transportation to every single appointment I've ever had these last
5 years, he has done much of the shopping, picked up the prescriptions, loaded and
unloaded, wheelchair, crutches and such, carries all the groceries, but a small bag or two
that won't add strain to me while carrying myself, he's the kids' transportation to
appointments, he's just the "everything" to all of us, he's the provider and head of
household. He has hardly complained, and when he has, it was not because of doing these
things for me or the family. It was because he was exhausted. Graveyard work shift and
all this is hell on him. These last 5 years I have driven myself approximately 15 times.  All
within 5 miles of home, except for 2 emergencies I had to drive a bit farther and my
husband was with me both times.  My judgement is impaired, I lack the ability to control
that foot properly to break safely. I cannot subject others to the possibility of a collision by
doing so. The times I have driven, I did so safely, knowing before hand if it can be
attempted or not. All I've sought from the beginning was for the day to come for this all to
be over. Instead, everyday it seems as if it's only just begun.

Any decent quality of life has been gone for quite sometime. Over 5.5 years to be exact. I
minus the first year because it is only fair that I take into account one needs to heal from a
surgery of any kind before expecting to be fully recovered.  Um, that time came and went
like a bolt of lightening. I am bitter and then I'm not. And then I am again. I have asked
myself, who's to blame. I've never been the type of girl who's blamed others for mishaps,
accidents, unfortunate situations. I had always thought and stood firm on that people
should not blame others for the misfortunes of life. Pick it all back up and start again, I
would say. Go forward and be proud.  There's only one way up from down and it's up. It
use to be one of my favorite sayings of inspiration. I've told myself time and time again,
you must endure, to not let it get the last bit of sanity existing inside you. I must endure.
I've asked God to not let it take what I was and make me a hard person. From tears to
anger, tears to anger. No one really understands. Not any that have not lived it or similar
before. They try, I truely believe they try, but they cannot feel it.  My husband has been
understanding, but there are still those times it seems it isn't enough. My husband wants
his wife to walk with him. We still walk hand in hand, but since I walk very little, we have
become hand in hand very little. It's always that last few seconds of not being able to
stand anymore and him wanting me to that causes words between us. Am always the one
to throw the first blow and I do not mean to do it. Maybe in a sense I expect him to know
exactly when I'm at my limit and when he doesn't, I that hurts too.  

Imagine walking across semi hot (A fading barbeque, yet not quite that crimson red.)
coals for 3 seconds.  Heading for a breakdown?. Now imagine 5 to 20. I'm talking
seconds. Imagine waking in the middle of the night to find that someone left a kitchen
cubbord hung wide open and you slam your head right into it....   Now imagine that fire
you feel, that initial immediate intense pain, the burn, the sting,  now imagine the sudden
rage.  Now the fire and ice.  You've just experienced a hint of the pain and emotion I feel
when me or someone like me is flirting with the edge of a possible no return. That 5
seconds across the fire is a pain level of about 8 for me.  More seconds equals more pain.  
See how quickly pain escalates and how sometimes it is without warning, even to
yourself? I pray for 5's, though I hold at a steady 7. I do not recall ever being below a 5.  
Remember a 5 is a 10 for some, and a 0 for others.  
Before all this, I had considered myself to be of pretty high tolerance, I guess not.  
Moderate would have described me best, perhaps. I don't know.  

I use to love to dance.  I can't anymore. I try, it's good home PT. I get so frustrated from
not being able to dance a whole song.
I become even more furious because I'm unable to keep up on my feet/legs because the
right has never even come close to being adequately repaired and the left just can't take the
overwhelming stress from attempting to compensate for the right.  It is moments like
these, of many scenarios, that I'm not sure what I want more, to hurt those who have
hurt me, or sock my legs again so that hurts, instead. It has always become the latter to

I began writing this 10 months ago and so even more changes have occurred.

It is important to me that I finally reveal my heart, my hurt, my fears, the humiliation,
embarrassment, my frustrations, and of the repetetive feelings that all this has been
nothing more than a long term bout of hypochondria. I need to begin a process of closure
of some kind. How I don't know, as it isn't even plausible to believe something can be
closed without a lid.  Common sense really. And too if I don't continue to express myself
now and keep writing here, however long it becomes, It will have become left unsaid. I
have nothing to lose, not even the paper it is printed on.

It will have become my one and only regret.

June 30, 2006

© 2005-7 twinklev - All Rights Reserved
May be used by permission or with viewable credit to author.

If you use this story, please email me at: and let me know
the website address in which you are using it. Thank you

Represented by a Sacramento area Law Firm
Workers Compensation
Insurer- Royal and SunAlliance

Update- My daughters baby has since been born and is now 5 months old. I wouldn't
trade him for a pain free tomorrow.

I just finished a series of 3 Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve Blocks, scheduled 1 week apart. A
2 year and 4 month wait for the authorizations.

Implant of a Spinal Cord Stimulator will be determined next month. August 2006.

I have since had the implant, December 14, 2006. And our grandson is nearly 2.

--To Be Continued...
Rest in reason, move in passion.
All rights reserved on all personal content including but not limited to- graphics, essays and articles.
May be used by permission and credit to source.
All other content published in this site remains the property and copyright of the owner's that they belong
to. We take no credit for the articles,, but are pleased to be allowed to use them. We thank you!